Last update : 10/04/2017 – i’ll update this page soon as possible
Hello everyone !
On this page you will find all the components allowing me to mount my personal lab.
The majority of this lab was financed by obtaining my certifications but also by my own finances. That is why you will be able to find, in the near future, a few (non-intrusive) advertisings so that you can continue to finance this material and thus be able to continue writing my adventures on this blog.
In short, for the record, it had been a while since I wanted to make a real lab allowing me to test many things. Until now I used an HP Gen7 N40L server with a Celeron processor and 8GB of RAM. Aie!
This little material has made its time and now I use it as a file server.
For my lab, I was inspired by a twitter post by VMware, which demonstrated how to use the NUC Intel Gen6 as a VMware lab!
So, to beggins, my personal HomeLab !
Materials that i’ve used :
- Intel NUC Gen6 i5 « NUC6i5SYH«
- 2x16go RAM Crucial
- Samsung 960 EVO Series – 250GB PCIe NVMe (Needs the latest bios update to be compatible)
- And I’ve add another hard drive 250gb that I had in a drawer
Some pictures :
What I liked very much about this product is:
– Its size (still smaller in real than in picture)
– It be « fanless »
– that it consumes by a lot of energy (30W / h avg.)
What I regret:
– it has only one network port
– be limited to 32GB of RAM