New update of Veeam Backup And Replication 9.5 Update 2 which has been released today. This update includes more than 300 enhancements and bug fixes.
What’s new in Veeam Backup and Replication 9.5 Update 2 ?
- Failback performance improvements. Failback can now optionally use changed block tracking data to determine the changes between the original VM and replica VM state. This dramatically accelerates the failback performance due removing the need to read the entire original VM disks (“Calculating original signature” operation). For VMware hypervisor, we recommend that this option is not used if the failover event was triggered by a disaster that involved host or storage crash or dirty shutdown, as CBT data may be inconsistent in this Case.
- Performance improvements. The performance of Backup from Storage Snapshot with application-aware processing enabled has been noticeably improved.
- LTO7 path failover support. Added support for LTO7 tape libraries with path failover functionality enabled.
- Exclusive drivers support. Added support for exclusive tape library drivers (on top of already supported non-exclusive drivers).
- VeeamZIP usability improvements.
VeeamZIP usability improvements. VeeamZIP menu item with the default location will not be shown until a user performs VeeamZIP for the first time, selecting the required destination during this process. After that, said menu item will appear, reflecting the previously selected location. This should prevent users from accidentally overfilling the default C:\Backup VeeamZIP location.
- ExaGrid preset. Changed the default concurrent tasks number from 1 to 10 per vendor request.
- Start-VBRZip enhancements. Added NetworkCredentials parameter to Start-VBRZip cmdlet to enable automating backups to file shares.
- Backup import enhancements. Added support for importing backups from DELL EMC Data Domain and HPE StoreOnce repositories.
- Components auto-update. Update setup now offers an option to initiate the upgrade of all remote Veeam component automatically. This covers all Veeam components except Network Extension Appliances (part of Veeam Cloud Connect Replication functionality)
- Streamlined updates. Installing the update no longer requires to disabling all jobs and stopping Veeam services manually. However, you still have to ensure there’s no running backup or restore jobs before installing the update.
Resolve issues :
This update also resolves the following common support issues:
- Networkless restores for files above 10MB should no longer result in corrupted file restored.
- Backup infrastructure resource scheduling algorithms have been improved to reduce job initialization delays in large infrastructures.
- Shutting down or rebooting the backup server should now correctly stop all jobs.
- Improved Hyper-V 2016 RCT backup performance and off-host backup reliability.
- Improved Direct NFS transport mode compatibility with Tintri storage.
Download Update 2 : Here.