Just a little post to troubleshooting an error in Exchange 2010 !
Last week, when i’ve a big problem with my exchange server, some users doesn’t send an email to the external address ! They receive this type of error :
Generating server: <server name>.local
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##
To resolve this issue, follow my explanations !
What is the problem ?
These issues may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- You reply to messages that were migrated from personal folders (.pst) files or were migrated by using a third-party migration tool.
- The Outlook nickname cache (AutoComplete) contains a bad entry.
- The OfflineAddressBook is not updated or cannot be downloaded.
In my case it is the first condition, which triggered the second and maybe the third …
How to resolve the error RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound?
To resolve these issues, follow these steps:
- Reset the nickname and the autocomplete caches in Outlook. Click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 287623 How to reset the nickname and the automatic completion caches in Outlook
- If you reply to a migrated message, type the whole email address of the recipient again. If the Autocomplete feature tries to input the recipient name or address for you, click the “X” to delete the entry, and then manually type the whole email address again.
- Make sure that the Offline Address Book is operating correctly. For more information about how to troubleshoot the Offline Address Book, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 2429946 How to troubleshoot the Outlook Offline Address Book in an Office 365 environment
Hi ! I’m Maxime. Founder and independant author of vDays.net. I have worked in service IT since 3 years ago, after a 5 years’ internship. Via this blog, I would like share and discuss with you on new technologies, especially on virtualization and VMware.