New update of Veeam Backup And Replication 9.5 Update 3 which has been released today. This update includes more than 100 new features and bug fixes.
What’s new in Veeam Backup and Replication 9.5 Update 3 ?
Built-in agent management. Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux can now be deployed and managed directly from the Veeam Backup & Replication console, adding support for physical and cloud workloads protection.
- Maintain complete control of data protection for ALL your virtual, physical and cloud workloads by managing both hypervisor-based and agent-based backups natively through the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
- Ensure no Windows or Linux computers are left unprotected by centrally deploying Veeam agents with automated host discovery via dynamic protection groups based on Active Directory containers, or CSV files exported from your existing CMDB system.
- Protect Microsoft Windows Server Failover Clusters, such as SQL Server failover clusters and SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups, with new agent-based failover cluster backup jobs – and transparently restore guest files and application items from cluster backups.
Data location tagging. Ensure data sovereignty compliance required by various regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), by tagging production infrastructure and backup infrastructure objects with locations. Location tags are used to prevent accidental errors when configuring backup and replication jobs or performing out-of-place restores, by issuing a warning when an action may result in a data sovereignty violation and producing audit trails whenever such action is confirmed. Additionally, new Veeam ONE reports use location data to help you prove compliance.
Universal Storage Integration API. The new storage array integration framework included in Veeam Backup & Replication starting with this update enables select storage partners to build integrations of their primary storage systems with advanced Veeam Backup & Replication functionality that leverages storage snapshots.
- Microsoft Azure. Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure functionality has been updated to support 4TB virtual disks, Azure Germany and Azure China.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 support for application-aware processing on Windows-based virtual machines, including transaction log backup and point-in-time restores; and as a backend configuration database for the Veeam Backup & Replication itself.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update support as guest virtual machines, and for installation of Veeam Backup & Replication and all of its components.
- Microsoft Windows Server 1709 support as guest virtual machines, and for installation of Veeam Backup & Replication remote components.
- Microsoft Windows Server Hyper-V 1709 support as a hypervisor host, including support for virtual hardware version 8.2 virtual machines.
- VMware Cloud on Amazon AWS support allows protecting VMs running in the cloud, and migrate or replicate workloads from on-prem vSphere deployment to VMC (and vice versa).
- VMware vCloud Director 9.0 compatibility.
- Backup mapping for agent backup files is now supported to enable scenarios such as backup seeding.
- Restore from backup copies. When initiating a restore from local user interface, Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux will now provide the ability to pick a restore point stored in the secondary repository, should backup files in the primary repository be missing.
- Hyper-V 2016 VMs with non-snapshottable disk such as disks connected via in-guest iSCSI initiator can now be processed by backup and replication jobs, with unsupported disks skipped and their content not included in a backup or replica. If you’d rather prefer the job to fail on such VMs (legacy behavior), create HyperVIgnoreNonSnapshottableDisks (DWORD) value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication registry key on the backup server.
- New Oracle 12.2 account types support includes Microsoft Windows Group Managed Service Accounts (gMSA) and Microsoft Windows Virtual Accounts.
To update in U3 confirm you are running version 18.104.22.1680, 22.214.171.1241, 126.96.36.1992, 188.8.131.523, 184.108.40.2068 or 220.127.116.115 prior to installing this update. You can check this under Help | About in Veeam Backup & Replication console. After upgrading, your build will be version 18.104.22.1686.
Download update 3 : Here
Find the list of all new features here : Source
Hi ! I’m Maxime. Founder and independant author of vDays.net. I have worked in service IT since 6 years ago, after a 5 years’ internship. Via this blog, I would like share and discuss with you on new technologies, especially on virtualization and VMware. If you want to know more about me, check out my “about me” page or follow me on Twitter and LinkedIn