A quick article to see how to increase VMFS datastore with vSphere Web Client.
In a previous article, we had seen how to increase the capacity of a disk within a virtual machine. Today we will see how to increase the size of a datastore, in order to add VM or increase the size of these.
/!\ To expand the datastore you must be increase your LUN in your SAN before to increase in your vSphere environment /!\
Increase VMFS datastore with vSphere Web Client
- Select “Storage“
- Choose your datastore
- Go to :
- Manage tab and “Settings“
- Select “General“
- Click to “Increase“
- Here you can see the LUN properties, click ‘Next’
- In this step, you can see the Maximum space available. You can select the size that you want increase via the slider
- In the last step, you can see a summary of wizard. Click finish to increase your datastore !
- In the tasks pane, you can see the task “Expand VMFS datastore, and another “Rescan VMFS” ! That’s all !
Thank’s for reading ! 🙂
Hi ! I’m Maxime. Founder and independant author of vDays.net. I have worked in service IT since 6 years ago, after a 5 years’ internship. Via this blog, I would like share and discuss with you on new technologies, especially on virtualization and VMware. If you want to know more about me, check out my “about me” page or follow me on Twitter and LinkedIn
Pingback: [TSHOOT] - VMware : The hot-plug operation failed when hot add memory - vDays.net