A quick article to see how to increase VMFS datastore with vSphere Web Client.
In a previous article, we had seen how to increase the capacity of a disk within a virtual machine. Today we will see how to increase the size of a datastore, in order to add VM or increase the size of these.
/!\ To expand the datastore you must be increase your LUN in your SAN before to increase in your vSphere environment /!\
Increase VMFS datastore with vSphere Web Client
- Select “Storage“
- Choose your datastore
- Go to :
- Manage tab and “Settings“
- Select “General“
- Click to “Increase“
- Here you can see the LUN properties, click ‘Next’
- In this step, you can see the Maximum space available. You can select the size that you want increase via the slider
- In the last step, you can see a summary of wizard. Click finish to increase your datastore !
- In the tasks pane, you can see the task “Expand VMFS datastore, and another “Rescan VMFS” ! That’s all !
Thank’s for reading ! 🙂